PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION OF INTEREST
Would you like to join us on the beautiful Isles of Scilly in 2018?
Travel arrangements for Thursday 19th – Monday 23rd April 2018 are being coordinated by Brian Phillips and on the islands, the botanical and horticultural visits by Mike Nelhams, Curator, Tresco Abbey Gardens.
We have provisionally reserved 12 double rooms at the Star Castle Hotel on St Mary’s.
The arrangements would be as follows:
• Own travel by car or train to Lands’ End Airport to connect with return flights to St. Mary’s
• All transfers thereafter included
• Accommodation at the Star Castle Hotel, 4 nights’ bed, breakfast and evening meal
• Inter-island return boat trips included
Key visits (others to be arranged later) on four of the islands:
• Tresco Abbey Gardens – “a perennial Kew without the glass”
• St. Martin’s Flower Nursery
• St. Mary’s Holy Vale Vineyard
• St. Agnes Western Rocks and island walks
Flight times for 2018 are not published until October 2017, although we have been warned that October is a very flexible timeframe!
The Isles of Scilly are a very popular destination and due to their remote location hotel and flight prices are not cheap. There may be some opportunities for discounts, but that will not be known until October.
For now we are looking at a budgetary price of about £640 each for all the travel and accommodation arrangements detailed above.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity to visit islands that are part of the United Kingdom, but have a unique flora and fauna, please email to Brian Phillips, email@example.com or call 01342 824154 to express interest. If there are sufficient numbers at this stage then we will continue the planning and issue another bulletin in October, at which time we will collect deposits.