The object of the Award Scheme is to help members of the Kew Guild further their education or widen their interest in horticulture.
View recipients and reports of Kew Guild Awards: • [area under construction]
ANYONE who is a current member of the Kew Guild and has been a member for at least one year is eligible to apply to the scheme for an award. The Award Scheme Committee meets in March and July to review applications.
Please read these important notes before completing the application form.
Kew Guild Awards are available to members of the Guild to:
- assist purposeful travel (fares and subsistence)
- assist members further education
- assist in the purchase of books and equipment
- pay tuition or examination fees
- provide grants to aid publication of specialist books or papers
- provide financial assistance to enable attendance at Kew Guild and other horticultural events
- assist other projects which the Award Scheme finds acceptable
The Kew Guild Award Scheme intends to honour the letter and spirit of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna (CITES), and other international, regional and national laws and policies concerning biodiversity.
The closing dates for receipt of completed application forms are 28th February and 30th June. Applications are considered by the Awards Committee in March and July of each year.
UPDATE 8TH JUNE 2020:
PLEASE NOTE THE JULY 2020 MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS. THEREFORE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE OF 30TH JUNE 2020 WILL BE EXTENDED UNTIL A DECISION IS MADE ON A NEW DATE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WILL BE HELD AND CONSIDERED AT THE NEXT MEETING – DATE TO BE CONFIRMED.
- The application form must be clearly handwritten or typed.
- All supporting papers must be presented as A4 – unstapled and unbound.
Completed application forms and accompanying papers should be sent to:
Maxine Briggs at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maxine needs both an electronic copy AND a signed hard-copy, addressed to:Maxine Biggs Kew Guild Award Scheme Secretary RBG Kew Richmond Surrey TW9 3AB
*To view this document you will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have a copy it is available free from the Adobe website.